Monday, August 15, 2016

Good Week



Hello everybody! I hope y'all have been doing well and stuff, nothing
too exciting has happened here except...
WE GOT A BAPTISM FINALY!!!!  WOOHOO!! Yeah, really though, it's been a
great week down here. Thursday we got to go down to the temple as a
zone, the spirit was strong there and I even got to see some members
from Livingston that I haven't seen in a long time. I love being able
to go there, there's so much peace inside the Temple when the world
offers so much chaos. If you ever have a chance to go to a temple near
you, go as often as you can! It's a great blessing to have a place to
go to feel the Saviors presence so strongly.
So, we baptized Amanda on Saturday and confirmed her on Sunday! The
baptism went really well, Elder Niemann did the actual baptizing and
did it real smooth too, she only had to go down once. 
Anyway, I had the chance to confirm Amanda a member of the
church yesterday, it was the first time I've done it and it was
wonderful! The spirit defiantly helped me out with it though, it was
something I won't ever forget.
On Tuesday we had exchanges with the zone leaders and I got to spend
the day with my buddy Elder Asay! It was nice to talk to him and
reminisce on our time in the MTC, we also both served in Baytown so we
had a lot to talk about that place.  It's been raining here lately and
it's made me think of something kinda cool: Obedience is like a
personal umbrella against those storms of sin and sadness that tell
you you can't do it, or that it's too hard, that disobedience is
easier. When you open up the umbrella of obedience you're telling
yourself you can do hard things and that you are willing to keep doing
hard things, and the lord naturally and lovingly protects you for it.
I think I'll keep that umbrella up, it feels a whole lot better then
getting soaked in sadness!
I hope y'all keep your umbrellas open in those crazy storms of life,
stay dry out there! I sure do love y'all but I love the Good Lord
more, I know if you put Him first and foremost in your life things
will always just work out!
Love,
Elder Murdock



No comments:

Post a Comment