Thursday, August 6, 2015

First email! (We were in Lake Powell when we received this. We had to hike up on a big rock hill to get service but it was worth it)!

Hello Mom, and everyone!  I'm doing so well here at the MTC, the spirit is so strong here it's incredible!  I love it!  Except, feeling the Spirit literally every single day all the time is exhausting!  In the first chapter of first Nephi it says in verse seven that after Lehi was visited by an angel and filled with the spirit of the Lord, he went back to his house and collapsed  onto his bed and slept.  That is exactly how I feel.
The food here is pretty good, not as good as my mom's cooking, but it'll do.  I was told not to drink the orange juice for some reason, but it tasted fine to me and nothing too bad has happened yet!
The Elders in my district are: Elder Dominguez (my companion, he's going to THE mission too, he's from Lehi, Elder Pitts, from Provo, he's a Timpview going, horse riding, football playing sun of a gun! and Elder Asay from Iowa, Elder away is going to THE mission too.  Elder Burns, who went to Springville, and Elder Murray from Arizona, Elder Weller, and Elder Laynee, whose been working down in Texas on military computers for a while.  Elders Murray, Burns and Pitts are all going to Chesapeake Bay, and Elders Weller and Laynee are both going to Colorado.  They are both waaay smart.  We have tow Sisters in our district; Sister Banner and Sister Mitchell who are both going to Colorado.
We've all been getting lessons together and we've been getting to know each other pretty well.  It's kinda crazy to think that we have all known each other for only six days!
Sunday was amazing.  I got to be in the gigantic missionary choir, which was awesome and spirit filling.  I love you all, and I want to testify that what I am experiencing here is true and good.  Christ loves all of you and he wants to hear from you.  The Church is true and the work is good.  Say hello to Boo and Biff for me.  I love you all and miss you only a little.  I'll see you in two years!
Elder Murdock

No comments:

Post a Comment