Monday, July 3, 2017

Week 102-Vidor

Hey there everybody, here's my weekly email, hope you like it!

Elder Anderson and I had a good week out here in Vidor, we were able
to see some miracles as we worked to find people to teach and put on
date for Baptism. One of those people was a kid named Trevor, a friend
of Amon Hutson, a young man in the ward. Trevor had met with the
missionaries a few weeks before we got here, and has been talking to
Amon a whole lot about the church even before that. He's had lots of
questions about god and which church is true, and now that he's found
the truth he's so excited about it! I was on an exchange with my new
friend Elder Mooney down in Orange when we had our first apointment
with him, so sadly I wasn't able to meet him til yesterday, but the
lesson went really well apparently, Elder Anderson was with Elder
Bohne, a real good missionary that came out with me. They thought the
restoration lesson in a literal sacred Grove of trees behind the
Hutson house, I was happy to hear it went so well! Now Trevor's fixin
to be baptized in a couple weeks by his friend Amon!

We've also been working with other members of the ward, we've been
making a push to work more with the youth and it's really paid off!
First there's Amon and Trevor, which was a miracle, then there's a
young woman named Whitney, who's fixin to go on a mission
herself, she helped us teach her friend Gabby, whose been
investigating the church for a while now too. So things are going
pretty great here, the Lord is blessing us with a lot of miracles,
we're just glad to be here serving in this way!

In other news, Saturday was Canada day, and Elder Bohne is from
Canada, so we decided to go and sing the Canadian National Anthem with
him after our exchange was over, he was pretty excited about that
πŸ™‚πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Also, tomorrow is Independence Day, woohoo!!!!! Go
America!!!!!!!πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‡ πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†I've loved serving in this
great country, it's truly the promised land. I know it's a blessing to
live here, and especially to serve here!

One more thing, this was President Drake's last week as our mission
president, so we had a big zone conference this week to say goodbye to
them, it was pretty tender. I also got to bare my parting testimony
there too, which was strange. Our new mission President got here a
couple days ago, his name is President Hewlett. We'll be meeting him
tomorrow, so I'm excited about that!

I sure do love y'all, and I know the Lord loves you even more than
that, trust in him and he will show you miracles! This week's
scripture comes form Judges, about one of my favorite Bible hero's,
Gideon, in chapter 6:11-16, read it live it love it!

Love,
Elder Murdock
True to the Faith



Orange zone



No comments:

Post a Comment