Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year from Louisiana

Happy New Year y'all! I know it's fixin to be a good one, it sure
started out on a good note and I hope y'all did too!
So, update on my mission life right now, where I'm at and what I'm doing:
Last week at transfers I found out I'd be going to the wonderfully
crazy state of Louisiana in a city called Lake Charles! My new
companion is Elder Crim and he's great! He just got done being trained
by Elder Dominguez so he's still got a greenie fire burning, which is
good because I have no idea how to be a missionary in crazy Louisiana!
Haha, I'm just joking, it's not that bad, but Elder Crim has been
doing a great job showing me around the area, we're working with some
good people, a family that he and Elder Dominguez were working with is
fixin to be baptized some time in the next couple weeks, and we've
found a few other people with good potential, so that's exciting.

So, Louisiana is actually way different than Texas! Like, there is an
actual different feeling here, and you can feel it as soon as you
cross the border, it's really crazy. It's pretty much like a whole
other country here, everyone talks differently, there's street names
and signs all written in French, it's just a different place, but
really cool too! This is also probably the most city area I've been to
yet, Lake Charles is really big and really cool, it's an old city so
there's a lot of old southern/French style buildings around town,
mostly down town, so it's fun to see those.

It was pretty hard leaving good old Atascocita and Elder Harmon
though, I really grew to love that place and the wonderful members who
all lived there. I've got a whole new adventure ahead of me here
in Lake Charles, and I've got a new friend named Elder Crim too, and
I'm excited to just get right to work out here! I sure do love y'all,
but I love the Lord a whole lot more. I'm excited to see what He's got
in store for me out here, it's really weird to think that this is the
year I'll be coming home, but until then!
Love,
Elder Murdock
True to the Faith 

PoBoy Sandwich.  One of the Best things Elder Murdock has eaten down south!

Elder Crim and Elder Murdock

WhoDat!

Louisiana Christmas.  Elder Murdock's Dad served in the Baton Rogue Louisiana mission, so he loves seeing
these pictures! It reminds him of his mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment