Monday, October 17, 2016

Another Week In Texas

Hey Everyone! I hope that all y'all had a good week and that you were able to feel the love of the Savior in some way, and that you were able to share it with some one else, because that's what life is all about! 

This week for me and Elder Harmon was a blast, we started it out by knocking on doors, then we knocked on some more doors, then biked in the rain, and knocked on more doors! Elder Harmon thought it was a blast though, he's just way excited about this work, no matter what we are doing, which helps me keep the blues away too! On Friday things got a little more exciting though, we had our zone meeting over in the Kingwood Stake center, which went really well. One of the segments was by Brother Salmon, who is an institute teacher over here. He pretty much just opened up the scriptures in the Old Testament and blew all of our minds! He's a really good teacher, and it just got me pumped to go out and start teaching people out of the scriptures more, especially the Book of Mormon. We also had exchanges with Elder Hansen and Elder Souza on Thursday and Friday, Elder Harmon went out and had his first taste of the country in wacky ole' Huffman with Elder Souza palooza while I stayed in Atascocita with my good buddy Elder Hansen! It was a little strange biking around with him again, it felt like we were back in Baytown! But we had a blast, Elder Hansen is still one of my favorite people. 

Well, that's about it for this week, Elder Harmon and I are still looking for some peeps to baptize, oh, fun little tid bit, today marks the year anniversary of my first Baptism, Thomas "Skip" Alger! On a bit of a sadder note, I found out a while back that he had passed away a few months after he was baptized. But, now that a year has passed he can finally have his temple work done, so that is something to look forward to. I'm just grateful that I was able to be a help for him in his life and that I was able to get to know him. I hope each and every one of you strive to live the way the Savior has asked to, each day. I know that as you do, you will immediately feel peace flow into your life like a river. There is not one thing that He is not able to help, to heal, and to succor. He's been through it all and more, so just turn to Him! 

I sure do love y'all, but I know the Savior loves you even more, I know this is where He wants me and because of that I'll be doing my best to serve Him.
Love, 
Elder Murdock
True to the Faith







No comments:

Post a Comment