Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

Hello my wonderful wonderful friends and family! And Happy Independence Day! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ˜„πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ—½πŸ—½
Things are pretty patriotic down here in the great state of Texas, I don't think I've seen anyone not wearing red white and blue today, it's awesome! 
This last week was good, we helped a couple new members move in. One of them was from the Baton Rouge mission, and their daughter had just got taught by a sister Nelson, was baptized the Saturday before. I  got excited and thought they knew Elzi, but it turns out it was someone else, oh well!
This last Monday we held a family home evening with a family, whose daughter is the nine year old we're going to baptize,  and is loving the gospel!  It was fun teaching her, we taught her the Restoration using cups, and afterwards we played a game called doody head, me and Elder Niemann had to wear these swim cap like hats with velcro on them, while everyone else had to throw fake plush poo at us, it may not have been the most Christlike thing I've done on the mission, but it was a lot of fun! I'll send some pictures.
In other news, we had President interview training this past Thursday, it was really nice to sit down and have a one on one with President Drake again, he's a good man. He actually gave me a book to read called The Continuous Atonement by Brad Willcox. It's a great book with a lot of spiritual insight. It's made me think of my Savior in a new light, if any of you want to learn more of how much He loves you, my first suggestion would be to study his life in the scriptures, and the account of his ministry to the people in the Americas, and my second suggestion would be to read that book, it clarifies a lot of stuff. 
That's about it for me his week, I love each of you so much, but I love the Lord more. He's asked me to serve him in Texas, and I know that this is where I need to be!
Love 
Elder Mitchel Murdock
True to the Faith

Elder Murdock

Family Home Evening

Missionary Work-Elder Niemann and Elder Murdock


No comments:

Post a Comment