Monday, November 9, 2015

Investigators, Pool, and Baptism

Hello everybody! It's so good to hear how well y'all are doing, and I'm
so glad the Devils are going to Rice! I think it's funny that you play
East though, because there is a Tongan Elder in my district, Elder
Tukuafu, that played for East the year they lost to Timpview in the
state game. When I told him about the game he said he
didn't like me anymore! But, I think we'll be alright, once the game is
over!
Big things are happening down here in Dixie guys, I'm glad to get to be a part of it!
This week has been good to us, we taught a lot of less actives this
week, as well as a couple of new investigators! One of them was A.T.
again, and he is still doing good, we taught him the full
lesson of the restoration, and he is still real interested, and he
wants us to keep coming by! The other man we're going to start
teaching is an older gentleman who lives near us.
He likes us, but he really wants to make sure
about the church before he commits to anything, so we're going to work
with him a bit.
Something cool happened the other night! We were going out to check up on a
less active, who we didn't have much luck with, but as we were driving
away, I saw these people playing pool in a shed house thing, and I
commented on it to Elder Moe, who loves pool (he beats me every time
we play) and he asked if we should go play with them. I said yeah, why
not! So we parked our car and went over, suits and all, and asked if
we could play a game with them. They were a little suspicious at
first, but when we told them we were Mormons, not J-dubs, they were
happy to have us!   Moe played one of the Gentleman first.
 Elder Moe beat him in pool. Then we played the ladies. One of them beat me, but I 
was able to teach the restoration during the game! Elder Moe taught
the other girl while I played.   They both took a Book of Mormon, and
would like us to keep coming by to play pool and teach. One gentleman who was the 
best at pool played Elder Moe. Moe beat him once, then lost to him. He was
wearing a cowboy hat, and he kinda reminded me of uncle Dave in a
way.  He isn't as interested in us as the others, but we were able to
clear up a few questions for him, and he said we were welcome back any
time. So that was cool!
We also baptized our 8 year old investigator.  I think it is so good for him to do this, and I
love that family as well.  
Well I'm doing good out here, I think about y'all  a lot, and I hope you
know how much all of you, Mom Dad and Wes and everyone else, have been
able to help me by being who you are! Thanks, and I love you!
Love,
                  Elder Murdock 

True to the Faith





Back Road

Baptism

District Meeting with a visitor!!


No comments:

Post a Comment