Monday, March 20, 2017

Another Week in the Boot

Yo yo yo how y'all doing?!? I hope it's been a  great week for y'all,
this ones been rather crazy but it ended on a good note, so here we
go, into he email!
On Tuesday elder Esplin came up into my area for an exchange, we had a
good time working and trying to find people, getting different things
set up, you know, the usual org of things missionaries do. Elder
Esplin is a great guy, we talked a lot about ranching again through
the day.

The rest of the week was good, we got some good work done, got back in
contact with Chris after a few weeks of not hearing much from
him. Nothing too crazy happened this week up until Saturday when we
had the chance to go back to Cleveland Texas for the baptism of one of
elder Kent's old investigators. Cleveland is back in the good
Kingwoood stake and was actually in my very first district in the
mission, so we were both really excited to go back. It was nice to see
some familiar faces, and I even got to play a little viola at the
baptism. The baptism itself was really nice, the man who got baptized
was happy to see elder Kent, same with the rest of his family. After
the baptism, we went out to eat at D and M diner, a BBQ place down the
street from the church that I hadn't been to in over a year, and it
was still good! After that we played some volley ball at the church
with the ward, then drove on out to Beaumont Texas to stay the night
with the elders there, because by the time we'd get back from one side
of the mission to lake chuck, it would have been about 11:30 at night.
The next morning a member in the Lake Charles ward came to pick us up.
His name is Pierre and he is a wonderful member who helps the
missionaries out a lot.  In church I had the privilege of conducting the music
in primary, and elder Kent was kind enough to take a rather goofy
picture of it that I hope y'all enjoy. The rest of the day was spent
doing good hard missionary work, we taught mason and Effie again, put
a family on date for baptism in the next couple of weeks,
and met a really nice lady named Michele and her three little kids. As
we read a few verses out of the Book of Mormon with her, she got
really excited and told us that she'd want to start reading that
night! I love it when that happens.

So, I've got a friend in Australia named Elder Petersen right now, and
in his email today he sent a poem that pretty much sums up missionary
work, and I thought I'd share that with y'all today:

A mission is a strange experience. It's a trial and a test
A mission throws at you the worst, yet teaches you the best
They told me this would be the best period of my life
But I guess they didn't explain it all too clear
I came our looking for a bed of roses
I wasn't expecting all the thorns I've found out here
Since I've been out I've been so happy
I've never been so depressed
I've never felt so forsaken
I've never felt so blessed
I've never been so confused
My mind has never been so clear
I've never felt my Heavenly Father so distant
I've never felt him so near
I've been so discouraged
I've never been so full of hope
I feel like I can go on forever
I think I've come to the end of my rope
I've never had it so easy
I've never had it so tough
Things have never gone so smoothly
Things have never been so rough
I've never traveled through more valleys
I've never ascended so many peaks
I've never met so many neat people
I've never met so many freaks
I've never had so many ups
I've never had so many downs
I've never worn so many smiles
I've never worn so many frowns
I've never been so lonely
I've never had so many friends
Man I hope this is all over soon
Gosh I hope it never ends
(Jack L Brinkerhoff)

In my Book of Mormon reading this week, I got to Alma 29, which is one
of my favorite chapters, so I'm making Alma 29:9 my pinderize
scripture this week, read it live it love it!

I sure do love y'all! But I love the Lord even more, I try to be more
like him every day. Some days are rough, but as I've done my best to
do what he wants me to, ive been able to see more blessings than I
could have ever thought of!
Love,
Elder Murdock
True to the Faith
Elder Kent and Elder Murdock in Cleveland for the day

District


No comments:

Post a Comment