Monday, November 14, 2016

Jambalaya and Fried Texas French Toast

Hey everybody! I hope y'all have had a great week!
This week was a good one, me and Elder Harmon had some fun looking for some old potential investigators and trying to get in with some less actives in the ward, we were actually supposed to have dinner with a few of them, but they cancelled on us. The good news is, we had a great time cooking up our own diners, and I finally learned how to make Jambalaya! I hope that makes you proud dad! It wasn't half bad either, if I do say so myself .
Today is also transfers, and holy cow, I'm staying here one more to finish training Elder Harmon. I was nervous there for a second, that I'd be moved out, but hey, no worries. That also means I'll be staying here in Atascocita for Christmas, which is awesome because I LOVE the ward here, sorry mom and dad, I might just stay here, it's like my new home ward, hahaha! But really, I am excited to be in the Kingwood stake for Christmas again, I was actually in this same stake last year and I heard about all the crazy cool light shows the people have in the neighborhoods in Humble and Atascocita. I was actually thinking last year that it would be cool to see that, and here I am! We also have the Christmas Nativity at the Kingwood stake center again, and all the Kingwood missionaries get to help out with it, again! It's gonna be great I love Christmas 
Anyway, on to the rest of the week!
This past Friday night was the ward camp out, and our ward mission leader asked us and the Huffman Elders to come up to give a fire side devotional, don't worry it was still in the ward boundaries and we didn't spend the night, but I was able to bring my viola out and play some camp songs. The members have known me long enough now that they've come up with a game called "stump Elder Murdock" where they can each call out one of their favorite hymns to see if I can play it or not. And, needless to say, I won! I love doing that, it's such a blessing to be able to play the Lords hymns for people. Thank you to all my teachers through the years and my mom and dad who made me practice so hard!
We got invited back the next morning for the ward camp breakfast, it was so good, if y'all haven't had deepfried Texas French toast covered in powdered sugar and syrup, then you just haven't been living your life to its full potential, it's amazing! I actually brought my viola back up again in the morning, and Elder Harmon brought his clogs, and we jammed out a little bit, he was clogging up a storm while I fiddled a little, it was fun :) 
That's about it for the week, I hope this next one will be good for all y'all! I sure do love y'all, but hey, I love my Savior even more. This is His work, so I'm going to give it my all for Him! 
Love, 
Elder Murdock



Name tag scuffed up from a bike crash- but "no worries mom! I'm all good."


Mission Temple Trip

Ward Camp Out
Service with Elder Harmon and Elder Hansen





No comments:

Post a Comment