Monday, September 21, 2015

Music, Investigators, and Packages From Home- Onalaska, Texas

Hello Everyone!
It's been another good week here in Texas.  I can't believe how many greenies are here in our zone now.  I think that maybe only four or five companionships aren't training right now in my zone, and that's out of thirteen companionships!  It's crazy seeing all these new missionaries, and to think that was me just a few weeks ago.  It really doesn't even seem that long ago!  Time flies when you're working hard I guess.  It's good to hear that everyone is doing well back home.  I'm glad you've been seeing the blessings in your life.  I know I've been seeing a few! Like having my viola shipped out to me!!  Thank you so much for sending it with Candice.  It's pretty funny actually, our ward choir instructor, Sister Crocket is already thinking about having me play a little accompaniment with the choir soon.  She's been a music teacher pretty much her whole life, so she's really excited to have my viola here.  Where as I am just kinda nervous now.  But I think it should be alright!
Well, not too much happened with investigators this week, but it was still a pretty busy week.  We had a big zone meeting down in Kingwood on Tuesday to introduce all those new missionaries to each other.  That's how I actually got my viola.  I was going to pick up my boots and things that y'all sent me (and thank you for those too.  I love having them again!)  and I was so surprised to see it there.  The senior couples working there made me play something for them, along with the other missionaries that were there that day, it was weird playing it for all of them, especially after it's been so long.  But it felt good!
Anyway, enough about my viola.  On Monday we were actually able to go see this family we've been trying to teach.  Last time we went to their house they were taking off to Instacare to have their little baby daughter looked at.  So we came back on Monday to see how they were doing and maybe teach a lesson. We walked up to the door and the dad came out and told us that their daughter was ok, but the pediatrician said it might be contagious.  We asked if he would want us to bless her and he said sure.  So we told them a little about what the blessing is and we blessed her.  The little girl was so quiet throughout all of it.  She was even smiling at us during it!  It felt good to be able to help out like that.  After the blessing we talked more to the family.  We gave them a little bit of the first lesson,on the restoration and we also gave them some Book Of Mormons.  The mom actually was really happy to have us.  She told us that a few days before she met us she asked God for some help in her life.  It had been a while since she had done this.  So she and her little family are looking for a new church now and I think we've got just the one for them.  
I love my ward here.  It's an awesome ward!! The people here have real strong testimonies.  They like having the missionaries here, and they also like to have fun!
Well, that's a long email, but I'm just excited to share this with y'all!  I'm doing good here.  I love you all so much.  Keep doing good back home and know that God is always there for you, no matter what!
Love, Elder Murdock

Notice the truck behind Elder Murdock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment